Bailey and Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, 13th Edition
Catalog #: N30001
Publisher/Vendor: Elsevier (Mosby)
Size: 8.75 x 11 inches
Format: Hardcover Book
A bench reference for practicing microbiologists and an excellent text for students in clinical laboratory science programs, Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology, 13th Edition helps you develop and refine the skills you need for effective laboratory testing. In-depth information is useful and easily accessible, with step-by-step instructions for all the procedures. This edition features more than 20 new chapters plus updated material on advances and trends in clinical microbiology. Written by expert Dr. Patricia Tille, this classic reference addresses the topics and issues relevant to you and your success on the job.
- Hands-on procedures include step-by-step instructions, full-color photos, and expected results, helping you achieve more accurate results.
- Case studies give you the opportunity to apply your skills in a variety of diagnostic scenarios and help improve your decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- "Genera and Species to be Considered" boxes highlight all of the organisms to be discussed in each chapter, including the current name of the species as well as any previous names.
- Student resources on Evolve enhance your learning with review questions and procedures.
- Convenient, easy-to-read tables summarize key information.
- Detailed, full-color illustrations aid comprehension and help you visualize concepts.
- A glossary of terms is found at the back of the book for quick reference.
In this Edition
- Learning objectives begin each chapter, giving you a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Review questions on the Evolve companion website are tied to learning objectives, and enhance your understanding and retention of chapter content.
- Reader-friendly chapters cover groups of related organisms rather than addressing all at once, including the parasitology, mycology, and virology chapters.